What I’m Up To
1) I updated the About Me page.
2) I made this soup. It is absolutely amazing. Make it. Do not think about the calories. Do not think about the stick of butter, or the ton of Parmesan. Just make it.
3) I’m in the middle of making these cookies, following the recipe word-for-word, demanding flour requirements and all. We’re on the “refrigerate at least 24 hours” stage. I’ll tell you if the special flour blend and hours in my little fridge make a noticeable difference in relative cookie fantastic-ness.
4) I’m trying to sew a skirt. I’m aiming for “wiggle skirt”, and I was quite happy with the butt-hugging wiggly fit until I basted the waistband on…. and something went wonky in the front of the skirt. It’s like it actually got looser with the waistband attached, which mystified me. Will I ever understand the arcane and nefarious ways of fabric? Le sigh. I have seam ripped (oh, how I have seam ripped), and will shortly retry the basting part.
5) I’m also knitting a Baby Surprise Jacket for a baby-having friend. I suspect I’m reaching the stage in my life where all my friends are getting married and having kids. Which kind of gives me, your single, child-shunning host, the creeping heebeejeebees. Creeping heebeejeebees does not preculde the knitting of baby sweaters, however.
I’ve been getting help. With the knitting, not the creeping heebeejeebees.
Perhaps not the most, err, helpful help in the world, but certainly very enthusiastic.
Anyway! I’m pretty sure I’ve totally screwed up this here sweater, but the instructions are so vague (if ingenious) and the sweater so amorphous that I’m not sure. So, uh… knit or rip? Anyone else made one of these beauties?
5) One of my resolutions, now that I have an income, is to buy handmade and thus give back to the crafty community that I so adore. With that in mind, I give you my etsy purchase of the week: a new tag for my Mishy!
Mishto. Mishy. Mish. Fish. Fishy. It works.
It’s from themadstampers on etsy, and it’s perfect. Mishto agrees. He thinks it makes him look handsome. At least, he’s gotten real obsessed with the mirror lately.
(So not kidding. He’s sitting in front of it, looking at himself, as we speak. If pattern holds, he’ll sit there for the next twenty minutes just… staring. There’s a little voice in my head that squeaks “I’m sexy and I know it” every time I glance at him.)
6) What do you think of pinning your own work? I feel a bit vain doing it, but it occurred to be that Pinterest provides a perfect platform to make a quick, easy visual database of all my free embroidery patterns. That way, you can see all I’m offering without having to click through to each individual post. Good idea or bad idea? Either way, implemented idea.